The service of the Kingdom is a very crucial one and God expects everyone to be involved in this service. It has a pattern and not just done haphazardly. This pattern of kingdom service can be broadly divided into two parts:
1. SERVICE UNTO GOD
2. SERVICE UNTO OUR FELLOW MEN
The bible made reference to heavenly service in Revelation 4:1-11 where the angels continue in ceaseless praise and worship unto the Almighty God. In the same vain, our prior service as human on earth is to equally praise and worship God ceaselessly.
SERVICE UNTO GOD
The service unto God could be broadly divided into several parts but the three highlighted below are very important and form the bedrock of all.
1. The work of tabernacle (Num 3:1-13). These are all ministers in the household of faith e.g. Pastors, Evangelists, Levites ( choirs), Ushers/Guide of Stewards, Lay Readers, Priests, Deacons, Deaconess, Alter Servants, Elders, Elder Mrs., etc
2. The service of true worship. This includes everyone who is true worshippers, worshipping God in truth and in Spirit.
3. Giving for God’s work (I Chronicles 29:1-9). This is an important task for everyone to propel the gospel and get the work moving.
In the light of the facts above, the following are to be borne in mind in respect to this service:
i. It must be done with Spirit divine
ii. It must be done in reference to God
iii. The service must have regenerating power
iv. It has to be done in accordance to God’s will and purpose
v. It must be done in utmost good faith – I Timothy 1:3ff
vi. It has to be done sacrificially
vii. The chosen are SOLELY given some aspect of the service
viii. It must echo God’s love and laws
ix. The service is reward-oriented – Revelation 22;7-15
x. The greatest must be a servant
xi. The service is broad and divisional (I Corinthians 12:12-30)
xii. It must be gospel-centered service of reconciliation (II Corinthians 5:11-21)
xiii. It must be second-coming patterned
SERVICE UNTO OUR FELLOW MEN
These include the following:
1. Rescuing the captive from their bondage (Exodus 3:1-15)
2. The gate keepers (Nehemiah 1:1-11)
3. Selfless service (helping others) Nehemiah 5:1-19
In carrying out the kingdom service as it will be later discussed in this article, there are number of things required of the would-be person and they are highlighted below:
REQUIREMENT FOR SERVICE UNTO OUR FELLOW MEN
i. A committed heart
ii. The service must be done with absolute moral purity
iii. It must be done in the truest sense of possibility i.e. carrying the “I can do it” spirit
iv. It should be carried out in absolute righteousness
v. It should be done with attached spirit of goodness and kindness
vi. Total trustworthiness is expected from him/her
vii. He/she should be able to combine efforts with others for progress
viii. It must be done in great joyfulness to heavenly satisfaction
ix. It must be done with great sense of humility
x. It should be carried out with mission/goal.